Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Horizon butchered!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon butchered!?

does anyone else feel the same way?

i wish the version they played on that one Germany recording made it onto the album.

Re: Horizon butchered!?

Sounds the same to me.

Comment

It's pretty much exactly the same sans the ending guitar chords that Gavin plays live... Which yes, I wish that part was on the album.

Still not a big difference, though.
      http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

I like Cellar and Horizon better live: http://www.archive.org/details/dredg2009-03-16.flac16
        I record dredg shows

Comment

I think this song is an example of what Gavin was talking about in a recent interview about "documenting a certain period of time." You can tell he would have probably liked to add the guitar riff he plays live and the repeating "Into the Horizon...Into the Horizon" he tends to do live.

That being said, the album version of Horizon has the spoken word part so I'm more than happy .

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob1 View Post
            the album version of Horizon has the spoken word part so I'm more than happy .
            Me too. Great ending.
            Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Silentbob1 View Post
              I think this song is an example of what Gavin was talking about in a recent interview about "documenting a certain period of time." You can tell he would have probably liked to add the guitar riff he plays live and the repeating "Into the Horizon...Into the Horizon" he tends to do live.
              Bingo. The band just simply found another way to end the song and goes with that live. I love Gavin's "Into the Horizon..." repetitions at the end of the live version personally, but obviously when they wrote the album that wasn't the focus or didn't come out the way the wanted.
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Working...
              X