Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Another Full-Album Show(s) in the near future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Full-Album Show(s) in the near future?

The last 2 gigs in Minneapolis I was able to chat with Drew for a bit and I mentioned how much I still remember and loved the 2 full-album shows in Santa Cruz back in '06. And both times he mentioned the band may be looking to do something like that again, but he also mentioned it could be on the East Coast this time. Like NYC or Philly I imagine.

Does anyone know much more about this? I think he said perhaps this coming Summer (maybe September again?).
    Last edited by SoundscapeMN; May 6, 2009, 11:31 PM.
    allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Re: Another Full-Album Show(s) in the near future?

all i know is: it should be in boston.

Comment

i hope they do. it would be nice if they played the entire new album on tour. and do a 2nd set of oldies. like mastodon is doing.

Comment

I spoke with Drew in KC about this as well a few months back. He said they'd like to do it out east and in the midwest as well.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

you know that's funny, i was thinking about this today. with all of the leak crap going on in the music industry... why don't bands just debut their new albums live and in full, instead of making us wait months and months for the studio album? obviously it would only be special for the handful of lucky people who got to go, but it would be one hell of a show..
          Originally posted by FeebleFables
          There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

^that's in effect what Porcupine Tree did, altho they were trying to police their normally loose taping policy for that particular tour.
            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

though people are going to disagree...i'd like to see two more

cwoa
              ppd

We've had the first two, lets have them do a show of the other two now.
              - Jon

----------------------------------------
              Originally posted by gderd
              dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
              ----------------------------------------

Comment

but Porcupine Tree did it before the album was recorded to fine tune the songs and try them out live before they went into the studio

Comment

Originally posted by redmosqui View Post

cwoa
                  ppd

Yes. This is what I had asked him about.
                  Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                  Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by redmosqui View Post

cwoa
                    ppd

The only problem I have with CWA being played in it's entirety is that it doesn't feel like a collective piece of work to me. It feels like it's more of dredg throwing in what they could to make an album compared to Leitmotif, El Cielo, and even PPD.
                    http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                    seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

a full cwoa show, to me, wouldn't be that exciting right now.

the last few years of touring have been very cwoa heavy....as it should have been....

i'd love to see them play the whole new album live, but cwoa, live would seem kinda like "oh...you're just playing the songs in order now. ok"

not to say i wouldn't like to see them do that some day...but...not now
                      Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
                      you're pretty narcissistic
                      enjoy that, nobody else does.
                      Originally posted by Madklikor
                      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

I follow the cwa points, but personally I wish they'd play "Hung Over on a Tuesday" and "Matroshka" more often. I mean, how often have they even played those? A CWA full-album show at least would allow a lot of fans who've probably never seen/heard them live before, to finally.
                        allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I've heard hungover on a tuesday live a bunch of times.

Comment

Originally posted by SoundscapeMN View Post
                            ^that's in effect what Porcupine Tree did, altho they were trying to police their normally loose taping policy for that particular tour.
                            Loose taping policy??? You must be talking about a different band with the same name. The Porcupine Tree I know (the one featuring Steven "I film myself destroying ipods" Wilson) has a rather strict taping/filming policy.
                            No hard feelings though, PT are an awesome band. It's just that taper-friendliness is the one thing I would never associate with them.
                            I can see a washed out moon through the fog.

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
                              Loose taping policy??? You must be talking about a different band with the same name. The Porcupine Tree I know (the one featuring Steven "I film myself destroying ipods" Wilson) has a rather strict taping/filming policy.
                              No hard feelings though, PT are an awesome band. It's just that taper-friendliness is the one thing I would never associate with them.
                              [slightly ot]I'm not gonna get into this, but all I need to know is there is a specific email list, just for their live shows. There has never been a lack of live PT recordings.

It's not like a jam band such as Phish, String Cheese or Umphrey's, and not maybe even as obsessive as dredg or Ours, but that specific tour, they made it important to try and prevent recordings to happen. I.e. not what they normally do, knowing that taping happens regularly.[/slightly ot]
                              allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X