Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Making one of opposites: "Information" vs. "Catch w/o Arms"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Making one of opposites: "Information" vs. "Catch w/o Arms"

yeah, i think its pretty dead on thats its about a suicide bomber.
    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
      Umm... it's the last time he'll wake up next to her?
      oh right i took it the wrong way as the last time he'd bomb someone. yeah that's a horrible way to put that but you get the idea. you're def right.
      Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by bokkers View Post
        I think we all agree on that. But what do you make of the verses? Do you think it's the suicide bomber himself talking? You brought up that interpretation so don't just chicken out.
        still pretty sure the speaker is the suicide bomber's god in the verses.

"so shed your pain, i'll sit in silence, as you bleed your deepest feelings here"

i think this is a reference to the silence that people get in return for their prayers to god. not to mention all of the references to being "the one" to absorb your sorrows and basically the relief from all of your pain and struggles.

the lyrics in this song really are a lot better than what some people are making them out to be.
        Originally posted by vsd
        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Nit View Post
          still pretty sure the speaker is the suicide bomber's god in the verses.

"so shed your pain, i'll sit in silence, as you bleed your deepest feelings here"

i think this is a reference to the silence that people get in return for their prayers to god. not to mention all of the references to being "the one" to absorb your sorrows and basically the relief from all of your pain and struggles.

the lyrics in this song really are a lot better than what some people are making them out to be.
          I love your take on this. You're right about this song too, it's not as cheesy as everyone thinks. The best part of music is interpreting what a song means.
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

added some videos (one is actually about information)

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
              Where does it ever talk about a gun? Are we listening to the same song?

Ars Sycro added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Beyond the interview confirming it, these lyrics make it pretty obvious:

"He woke up next to her, his head against her head
              His hand upon her breast, he knew today meant death
              Kissed her on the cheek, then on her lips
              Thought to himself "it's the last time I'll do this"

Put on a suit, pressed and clean
              Brushed his hair, grabbed his keys
              Then he headed out to the morning air
              With an anticipation no man could bear

The air was heavy
              He could feel it in his lungs
              With every step he took, a prayer rolled off his tongue
              They were prayers of forgiveness, and prayers of praise
              And his actions a gift for a god without a name"
              real shame they had to remove this part from the radio edit, as it's the best part of the song

Comment

Hearing the "Cuz I want to give you just a temporary bliss" part makes it clear to me that the lyrics in the verse are from the perspective of the God. The chorus could very well be the bomber himself. Also, the "so shed your pain while I sit in silence" sums up what prayer is like for a lot of people, I think.
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by fuckyeahfinnegan View Post
                  real shame they had to remove this part from the radio edit, as it's the best part of the song
                  I agree, that's the main reason I listened to the live version over and over and over.
                  http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                  seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

My friend just pointed at the Waterborne was a movie about a terrorist attack too...coincidence?

Comment

probably
                      - -- --- ----

Comment

Although it's a popular opinion I get a way different interpretation of the song. One that's much less literal and less connected. I think the song is more about people finding solace from meaningless information. I guess you could call it religion and take the song in a direct context, I can see that, but I envision in a more media oriented relation. The bridge in my mind seems to tell the tale of a man reacting to something thin or invisible, but really when he wakes in the morning he has many gifts and many things to be thankful for but is blinded to simple contentment by a constant stream of information. Call that information, religion, internet, or T.V. or really any trivial aspects of modern society that don't relate directly to surviving each day. Guess my opinion isn't really that different about the song, I just like it being more vague. I'd rather be shown, not told.

Comment

Originally posted by IKnockStuffDown View Post
                          I agree, that's the main reason I listened to the live version over and over and over.
                          meeee toooo

it'll be on the record.
                          Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by dredgfan001 View Post
                            Although it's a popular opinion I get a way different interpretation of the song.
                            It's not really a "popular opinion", it's fact. Watch the first video at http://www.getaddicted.org/archiv/dr...rview_2009.php
                            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Working...
                            X