Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

have dredg lyrics gotten lamer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: have dredg lyrics gotten lamer?

I rarely post on these boards but this topic is so stupid that I had to interject. Are you serious? You people are already critiquing the lyrics without having any idea about the album as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
      You haven't heard a studio version of Information, have you? If so, please send me the album.

We do have a 2-minute missing radio version though.
      True, but what I heard from the "2-minute missing radio version" is enough to be 99% certain that I won't be thrilled with the album version. Adding in the bridge and other missing bits will not change the overall 80s-cheese-ish feel to the instrumentation and production, at least in my eyes.

I still have very high hopes for the album as a whole, though. Both "I Don't Know" and "Saviour" sound great in their final forms. So far I'm impressed with 2/3 of what we have, and if the Leaflets are anything to go by, some of the songs we haven't heard yet should be nothing short of stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus View Post
        I rarely post on these boards but this topic is so stupid that I had to interject. Are you serious? You people are already critiquing the lyrics without having any idea about the album as a whole.

muh? who's critiquing the album as a whole? I looks to me like people are critiquing the lyrics of the songs they've heard...

Comment

Originally posted by lazarus View Post
          stupid topics bring out the stupid people i guess

the lyrics sound retarded to some of us. are you really so sensitive that you have to call anyone stupid who shares that opinion? does an entire album need to be released in order for me to think blankets of ignorance and sorrow soaking sponges are lame sounding?

waaaaaaaah

Comment

In his defense, he did not call anyone stupid.
            - -- --- ----

Comment

well you're ugly!!! yeah you. you know who I'm talking about...

Comment

I think his point is valid, though.

For instance, someone on here said they always thought the lyrics to "Of The Room" were cheesy.

Someone close to the band pointed out to me how silly a statement that is - considering the song is simply a description of a dream Gavin had. How can that be cheesy?

And when taken with the context of the album it appeared on, the lyrics to "Of The Room" certainly make a lot more sense.

Just a thought, that's all. But this is silly because it's like trying to decide what is good and bad poetry. There is no such thing as either.
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                  I think his point is valid, though.

For instance, someone on here said they always thought the lyrics to "Of The Room" were cheesy.

Someone close to the band pointed out to me how silly a statement that is - considering the song is simply a description of a dream Gavin had. How can that be cheesy?

And when taken with the context of the album it appeared on, the lyrics to "Of The Room" certainly make a lot more sense.

Just a thought, that's all. But this is silly because it's like trying to decide what is good and bad poetry. There is no such thing as either.
                  Yeah... i enjoy of the rooms lyrics. Pretty descriptive if you ask me.

I think those last couple sentences pretty much OWN this topic.
                  Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

Originally posted by drummerjs View Post

i think i figured out the message from savior, maybe. i remember them saying a song was a tribute to a murdered friend...well, i was thinking today, maybe savior was that. maybe their friend was caught up in some "gangster attitude" and he ended up getting "all that he asked for" he was a great friend who "affected many lives" and when he died "he left a void so wide." and now they are looking for a savior (god) who will do something about this senseless death. (one to retaliate.) they don't want to think about getting revenge "because it will blind you" and they "dont let it eat them up, dont let it drag them down" cause otherwise, theyll get "all that they ask for"

drummerjs added 4 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

Close but not quite. The friend DID NOT get all that he asked for. He didnt ask for anything. The murderer is the wannabe ganster and HE is going to get all that he asked for....hopefully in jail or with the death penalty.

choctaw81 added 12 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Originally posted by buzzingwhitenoise View Post
                    And of course I'm holding out my complete opinion until I hear the whole album, I could very well be proven wrong. I'm just going based on what I've heard so far, and it's a decent amount of the record (even if it's just 4 or 5 songs).

And what have I written? Oh, just a little ditty called "Cotton Eye Joe." You might have heard of it. Yeah, that's right.

Never heard of it. What is it? Who performs it?

choctaw81 added 9 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                    You haven't heard a studio version of Information, have you? If so, please send me the album.

We do have a 2-minute missing radio version though.

EXACTLY

choctaw81 added 16 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Looked up Cotton Eyed Joe. What exactly are you so proud of with that song? The lyrics? The music?

choctaw81 added 2 Minutes and 33 Seconds later...

A folk song??? Do I have the correct song? Anyone?

Comment

He must be joking since that song is way old...

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                        He must be joking since that song is way old...

Oh ok because I couldnt believe my ears and eyes when I looked it up. Man I seem to never realize when someone is joking on here. Should I take everything as a joke??

Comment

It's pre-Civil War.
                          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by choctaw81 View Post
                            Oh ok because I couldnt believe my ears and eyes when I looked it up. Man I seem to never realize when someone is joking on here. Should I take everything as a joke??
                            yes, you should.

Comment

Bad poetry:

Fart.
                              Fart yeah? Fuck no!
                              There's something in the air. I can feel it.
                              Watering eyes. Crying for you, do you feel it too?
                              Roses are: Fuck no!
                              Quiffe.

Jus sayin's all.

Comment

Originally posted by choctaw81 View Post
                                It's really hard to portray dry humor through text, but it can be achieved. Just not by the people on this board.
                                http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                                seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                                X