Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quotes

Originally posted by Kukyfrope View Post
    Of all of the new songs I've heard played live, Quotes is my least favorite. The chorus and hook are so weak. It's basically a clone of the song "Catch Without Arms" in how it builds (or how it attempts to build, and then plateaus) and how it's written (v1, chorus, v2, chorus, bridge, chorus, slow outro.) Very weak track and I will probably yawn and long for it to be over every time it comes around on the album.
    that sounds like a lot of dredg songs. not the weakness and boredom, but the structure.

0/5
    Originally posted by vsd
    ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

yea, this song sucks, granted we don't have the album yet, and who knows what they did to it in the studio, or how it will sound, but forget all that, this song blows.
      - Jon

----------------------------------------
      Originally posted by gderd
      dredg is the music I always searched for, the music that keeps in your mind the whole time, the music you remember when you're doing everything, it's the different music. the heart music
      ----------------------------------------

Comment

Well, you can always judge the basics of the song. The beat, the riffs, the lyrics, the structure. I don't think they changed much of that. From those things you can judge a song. Then it may be better or worse depending on what they did with it, but to certain limits.

I think it's awesome and I have no doubts it will be even more awesome on the album.

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
          Well, you can always judge the basics of the song. The beat, the riffs, the lyrics, the structure. I don't think they changed much of that. From those things you can judge a song. Then it may be better or worse depending on what they did with it, but to certain limits.

I think it's awesome and I have no doubts it will be even more awesome on the album.
          I've highlighted the key part of your statement. And the key point of my recent rants.
          Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
          Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Well, okay. THEY DID NOT CHANGE MUCH OF THAT.

I am betting my penis on this.

...and sod off anyway. Theorizing is what anticipation is all about. No one fucks with people theorizing about the next Lost episode.

Comment

i do

I TELL THEM TO GET LOST!!! GET IT!?!?!?!?
              Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
              you're pretty narcissistic
              enjoy that, nobody else does.
              Originally posted by Madklikor
              You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

Originally posted by SimpatiK View Post
                Well, okay. THEY DID NOT CHANGE MUCH OF THAT.

I am betting my penis on this.

...and sod off anyway. Theorizing is what anticipation is all about. No one fucks with people theorizing about the next Lost episode.
                That's just because the people writing Lost are fucking with the people watching it.

Why do I get shit for theorizing that you may be wrong?
                Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

just because it's a basica structure doesnt always mean it's shit. if you dont liek it fine. but dont go and say oh v1 chorus v2 etc is a bad thing. most songs are like that. yes, even radio ones, but those dont count to me. you can only do so much with a song until it's just a jumbled mess or a 10 min song that's hard to work in vocals or other parts and just becomes an instrumental. i love instrumentals, but i know that as musicians, dredg likes to do a lot of things with their music. if they wrote all instrumentals, i dont think it'd be the same.
                  Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Originally posted by prophetstyle View Post
                    just because it's a basica structure doesnt always mean it's shit. if you dont liek it fine. but dont go and say oh v1 chorus v2 etc is a bad thing. most songs are like that. yes, even radio ones, but those dont count to me. you can only do so much with a song until it's just a jumbled mess or a 10 min song that's hard to work in vocals or other parts and just becomes an instrumental. i love instrumentals, but i know that as musicians, dredg likes to do a lot of things with their music. if they wrote all instrumentals, i dont think it'd be the same.
                    well, its all about writing a song and not making anyone think about song structure... and most of the time the songs that do make you forget about that are the ones that aren't of the norm. But if your going to structure a song with a basic structure, then you need to make sure the riffs and vox you have for it is going to push that song over the brink, into the grouping of who cares what the structure is.

I think Minus The Bear is a perfect example. They write alot of songs with a basic structure, but they make sure the feelings you get in the chorus or a jam with a strong guitar solo, or some intense vocals... they get their point across.

By the way, im probably most pumped for "quotes" from this record. When i heard that song live it blew all of the new songs out of the water. Its like a "woah is me", the delayed chord riff right before the chorus. Kinda makes you feel like your stumbling into a realization.
                    Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

that's just like, your opinion, man.
                      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

El Duderino
                        Attached Files
                        Google "Nutsack" and see what kind of pictures come up

Comment

See, I know we are related somehow. I'm gonna see you at a show and be like, "Dad?"
                          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

"quotes" has been the most intriguing song i heard live. it did feel a little long, but i only heard the very first live performances of it. i thought "i don't know" sounded the best out of everything, but i've yet to experience "saviour" and the newer instrumentals.
                            Originally posted by vsd
                            ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                            X