Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Interview with Drew - 11-05-2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Drew - 11-05-2008

Prior to dredg's show in Providence, last week, Drew let me interview him about the upcoming album / some other stuff of interest.

It's pretty long, the audio track came out to be about 14 minutes....I'll post some tracks from that at some point...

Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Re: Interview with Drew - 11-05-2008

Thanks for the interview!!!

Great stuff!

Comment

fucking fantastic.

this made me poop rainbows of happiness...

Drew:
      I finished that and then, we were going to put it out on this tour, but I found some more footage that I really enjoyed, so I want to try and add that in. And then I also found a bunch of tapes of the el cielo and leitmotif days. And then I filmed this whole, you know, this whole process of our new record. So, my idea is, hopefully I can do it, it'll take a lot of time but, some time next year, release a DVD of the making of all the records. You know?

Yeah, I mean there's like, a good hour or two of footage from Leitmotif and even some Orph footage. So it'd be cool to do like, a chronological DVD of just the making of all the records.

Comment

Yeah, that DVD with recordings in studio of all albums is great idea! Nice one, Drew!

And ideas for vinyl of Leitmotif and the new album is marvellous! Hope that they can persuade Interscope to release El Cielo and CWA on vinyl too.

Great interview, Scott! Well done!

Comment

YES!!! DOUBLE-FUCKING-ALBUM!!!
          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

i...don't think you read that right?

haha

Comment

Comment

The other part of this, of course, is that anyone who had any questions about their label situation now knows the full answer.
                Originally posted by Gnomad
                I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton View Post
                  thanks for that, i forgot to do a spell check on that name

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
                  The other part of this, of course, is that anyone who had any questions about their label situation now knows the full answer.

ha. yeah. i didn't even have to ask him (though i was going to)

Comment

So, they are now on ILG. I didn't know for them until now. I checked their website and some familiar names that I see there are Sevendust and Silverchair.

What type of label are they? What is their distribution market?
                    Last edited by Hi-Fi; November 11, 2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

good interview. we should do another traversing board interview with drew, like i did a few years ago. i compiled a bunch of questions from the board and emailed them to him and he sent back responses. i think it was right before cwoa came out. i was more in contact with him then, by email. does he still use the [email protected] account? i know a few of you are more in contact with him than i am.

Comment

Originally posted by sangreal314 View Post
                        good interview. we should do another traversing board interview with drew, like i did a few years ago. i compiled a bunch of questions from the board and emailed them to him and he sent back responses. i think it was right before cwoa came out.

Good idea! But I think that the next interview with Drew should be done around release date of the new album next year, in march-april. Evasivetear did a great job with this one and we have all the information that we need in this interview. The new one should be done when the album is out, with definitive concept, artwork and obscure b-sides to talk about

Comment

Now there's a sort of interview which is a joy to read. Good paced, not too direct, so there's personality, and there's fat fucking facts which is totally awesome.

You need to get an RSS feed sorted out for your site. Diggin' it now that it has kicked off and has some great content on it.

cribble added 4 Minutes and 40 Seconds later...

Hell! I've never noticed this, but it's pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lJmZyHlzg7E&feature=related
                          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

That was a great interview. Thanks.

I'm disappointed to read, however, that "It's Not Worth It" may not make the record.

On the other hand, I am very excited to see that they have 12-14 'real' songs, 4-5 'short songs w/ lyrics', and 5 instrumentals. Sounds like this album will be El Cielo-esque in terms of track flow and length.
                            http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Awesome interview. Thank you so much.
                              http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
                              seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Working...
                              X