Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Chi Cheng in a coma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Cheng in a coma

I know this is the dredg talk section, and I did see a thread in non-dredg talk, but I thought everyone should see this. I imagine I am not the only Deftones fan on this board.
    Last edited by Spitshine; November 5, 2008, 05:21 AM.

Re: Chi Cheng in a coma

they talked a bit about this during the concert tonight, and dedicated canyon to Chi
    Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
    you're pretty narcissistic
    enjoy that, nobody else does.
    Originally posted by Madklikor
    You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

That's a great gesture. I am glad they did.

Comment

this accident happened
        super close to where
        i work and the hospital
        chi is in is only a few
        miles from my house
        so it literally hit close to
        home to hear about this

Comment

damn, this sucks.
          http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
          seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Yeah, this really sucks. My prayers to his family and friends. Hope he recovers soon.

Comment

From theprp.com

The Deftones camp have put out some more updates on band bassist Chi Cheng's current condition. Band drummer Abe Cunningham checked in with the following:
              "Hi,
              I spoke to Chi's mother this morning, the Neurosurgeon treating Chi says the first 72 hours are critical, and as of now he is fighting the good fight and the doctors remain optimistic. We are seeing your prayers in action. The family asks that all the prayer warriors out there to continue to pray for Chi, and keep sending out your positive energy!
              Today's good deed for Chi is to call someone you love, remind them of that love by saying "I love you," and like yesterday remind them to buckle up.
              -Abe"

Meanwhile, Chi's mother has also checked in with an update which states that Chi is expected to endure a tough recovery and will more than likely be able to return to the stage.

And this from the deftones myspace page:

Hey everyone, As of today chi is holding strong. He we be so happy to know the good things you are doing out of respect for him in his downtime. For day three, Please, if your gonna party find a designated driver beforehand and of coarse stay buckled. Chi's mother (Jeanne) asked if I would post these words from her as well. -Chino. "When asking Chi's head neuro surgeon what kind of thank you gift we could get for he and his team of doctors he responded that some of the surgeons love the Deftones and he would like them to have tickets for when chi's back onstage. He expects a tough recovery but in the end expects Chi will be playing his bass again. Praise Jah. For himself the doc has a special request for all of you. He will give you more details soon. It is 1:00 am now and I am with Chi. I've been reading your emails to him. You are so wonderful. My heart aches with love for you. We are all connected." - Jeanne (chis mom).

Comment

sounds as good as it could be at this point. hope it continues this way!
                Originally posted by kata rokkar
                Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Great news. Can't wait to see them on stage together.

Comment

Jonah Matranga played San Jose last night and talked about it. Chi's basically still in the same shape...no worse and the docs are hopeful. Jonah sang Be Quiet and Drive and dedicated it to Chi.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitshine View Post
                      From theprp.com

The Deftones camp have put out some more updates on band bassist Chi Cheng's current condition. Band drummer Abe Cunningham checked in with the following:
                      "Hi,
                      I spoke to Chi's mother this morning, the Neurosurgeon treating Chi says the first 72 hours are critical, and as of now he is fighting the good fight and the doctors remain optimistic. We are seeing your prayers in action. The family asks that all the prayer warriors out there to continue to pray for Chi, and keep sending out your positive energy!
                      Today's good deed for Chi is to call someone you love, remind them of that love by saying "I love you," and like yesterday remind them to buckle up.
                      -Abe"

Meanwhile, Chi's mother has also checked in with an update which states that Chi is expected to endure a tough recovery and will more than likely be able to return to the stage.

And this from the deftones myspace page:

Hey everyone, As of today chi is holding strong. He we be so happy to know the good things you are doing out of respect for him in his downtime. For day three, Please, if your gonna party find a designated driver beforehand and of coarse stay buckled. Chi's mother (Jeanne) asked if I would post these words from her as well. -Chino. "When asking Chi's head neuro surgeon what kind of thank you gift we could get for he and his team of doctors he responded that some of the surgeons love the Deftones and he would like them to have tickets for when chi's back onstage. He expects a tough recovery but in the end expects Chi will be playing his bass again. Praise Jah. For himself the doc has a special request for all of you. He will give you more details soon. It is 1:00 am now and I am with Chi. I've been reading your emails to him. You are so wonderful. My heart aches with love for you. We are all connected." - Jeanne (chis mom).
                      I wish I could give his mom a hug.
                      I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
                      I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
                      A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
                      To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Sorry the video or page cannot be found. The page may have been removed, had its name changed, or is just temporarily unavailable. Please use search or visit our home page. Thank you.

seems like chi is doing better. he's responding to reflex tests and apparently can hear people talking to him. thats really great. its good to see that so many people are praying for his recovery.

Comment

Working...
                        X