Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

I want a tattoo but are there any artists here that could design this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a tattoo but are there any artists here that could design this?

I want to get a half black sleeve on my right arm and on it I want to incorporate my favorite band, dredg, and my favorite sports team, the New York Mets.

Can anyone who is an artist maybe design a logo or symbol with the mets NY logo tied together with one of dredg's symbols? That would be outlined blue and orange and the inside of the logo would just be my skin.
    BLOG
    DEPTHS
    RABBIT HOLE

Re: I want a tattoo but are there any artists here that could design this?

I recommend not destroying the greatness by including the crappiness of the Mets
    Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
    Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

I reccomend not destroying the tattooo with the crappiness of sports.
      http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
      seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

I suggest you don't look for anyone on this board to help. They won't. That's just kind of a rule of thumb, here. We'd rather criticize your choices than help you reach an objective that we may not agree with, no matter how little our opinion matters. We also forget time and time again that someone's choices don't effect the rest of us. As much as we'd like to look at ourselves as much better community than typically found on the internet, we're the same. We make inconsiderate jokes because when we have nothing to contribute, we feel like we're not meant to be included in the conversation. That's not a horrible thing, but it is to some people here.

Go to a tattoo place and explain to them what you want. Some tattoo artists will actually help you flesh out the idea and draw it themselves. That's really how you should handle it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
          Go to a tattoo place and explain to them what you want. Some tattoo artists will actually help you flesh out the idea and draw it themselves. That's really how you should handle it.
          I did this with one of my tattoos and eventually found a perfect design that I was extremely pleased with. Most of these men and women are artists in their own right, so they'll be delighted to help you with an original design. Many times, they keep the design and display it so that others can see it and maybe get it too. Keep in mind, however, that the more elaborate the design, the more costly.

Caveat: make sure your tattoo artist is sober when he's working on you. And doesn't want to fuck you. Your tattoo will come out better. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
            I suggest you don't look for anyone on this board to help. They won't. That's just kind of a rule of thumb, here. We'd rather criticize your choices than help you reach an objective that we may not agree with, no matter how little our opinion matters. We also forget time and time again that someone's choices don't effect the rest of us. As much as we'd like to look at ourselves as much better community than typically found on the internet, we're the same. We make inconsiderate jokes because when we have nothing to contribute, we feel like we're not meant to be included in the conversation. That's not a horrible thing, but it is to some people here.

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
            Caveat: make sure your tattoo artist is sober when he's working on you. And doesn't want to fuck you. Your tattoo will come out better. :-)
            That's actually good advice.
            http://www.facebook.com/iknockstuffdown

Originally posted by Knifeboy
            seeing how i'm a pompous asshole, AND a rapist.. Do you really have to ask?

Comment

Haha, I didn't REALLY expect to have someone respond with anything too helpful, but I thought i'd try. If I had photoshop I could probably find my design in an hour. I may just try and draw this out with some ink and paper. Thanks though.
              BLOG
              DEPTHS
              RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Honestly, if you bring a good, certified tattoo artist an idea of what you want, he/she will probably be able to enhance it and make you something pretty fantastic. My brother and I both did this and his turned out great, while mine turned out 95% great.

Take pictures and post them here when you get it!

Comment

Originally posted by Trathena View Post
                  Honestly, if you bring a good, certified tattoo artist an idea of what you want, he/she will probably be able to enhance it and make you something pretty fantastic. My brother and I both did this and his turned out great, while mine turned out 95% great.

Take pictures and post them here when you get it!
                  I will, but it won't be for awhile. Gotta dig up some cash for a half sleeve! Shit's ganna be expensive. Thanks for the advise!
                  BLOG
                  DEPTHS
                  RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Originally posted by oO dredgolfo Oo View Post
                    I will, but it won't be for awhile. Gotta dig up some cash...
                    Graverobber!

Comment

I'm so fucking low on money right now too. Haha.
                      BLOG
                      DEPTHS
                      RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
                        Graverobber!
                        I find this to be a great way to make money.

Sigur Ros is about to get a huge chunk of change from me. I want to get a ticket for Portland and buy the delux edition of their latest. about $150 total.
                        Originally posted by Gnomad
                        Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
                        Originally posted by noclevername
                        stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Ugh. I tried it. I didnt do much problem solving to incorporate it, theres not a lot of options. But heres this pile of shit.

DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

Yeah, that's actually pretty bad ass...

...so I'd still recommend asking the Tattoo guy to make you one and then choose the better of the two...
                            Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                            I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by lmerr View Post
                              Ugh. I tried it. I didnt do much problem solving to incorporate it, theres not a lot of options. But heres this pile of shit.

Wow, dude that's actually pretty sick. I was sketching on paper yesterday and I actually sketched something really similar to that out, but instead I kept the circle and instead of the dot in the middle I put a little mets logo, but I actually like your idea better, connecting the symbols together literally. Thanks a ton for actually trying something!
                              BLOG
                              DEPTHS
                              RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Working...
                              X