Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th LP

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

    Comment


    • Just sort of looking at the setlists and stuff they have been playing, could it be safe to assume that we are getting a general idea of what the album is shaping up to be?:

      Ireland
      Quotes
      Push Away
      Wondrous Miracle
      I Don't Know
      It's Not Worth it
      Timpani (mentioned in Dino's blog as one they have been practicing)
      Bloodstains (played on the radio interview)
      Light Switch (mentioned in a posting)
      Kitty (being played a lot at the concerts)
      Waterborne (they keep working on it at the shows)
      The Warbler (if they want to officially release it)

      And are they still planning on bringing back brushstrokes?

      Comment


      • kitty doesn't count.  if anything it would be a brushstroke, but i highly doubt that.  i also think that the warbler has already seen its day.
        Originally posted by vsd
        ...and to be frank...i think...

        Comment


        • "Brushstrokes" were just named that because they were instrumentals on a concept record about a painting.

          But yes, Drew said there will be quite a lot of instrumentals on the new record. They played one really awesome one I've never heard before at the Tempe show.

          Added after 8 minutes:

          PS - Just got back from Drew.  Right now it's just called "Gavin."  Probably because his guitar line leads it.

          I got video of it, I'll post tonight.  Kinda crappy but it works.
          Originally posted by Gnomad
          I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

          Super God.
          Originally posted by auto-de-fe
          do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

          Comment


          • video = score!!! and im pretty sure...i think in that arcade interview or somewhere gavin said that "the warbler" wont make it to an albul release. b-side maybe...?
            Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

            Comment


            • http://youtube.com/watch?v=cS6MKkWg-B8

              Video of the instrumental "Gavin."
              Originally posted by Gnomad
              I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

              Super God.
              Originally posted by auto-de-fe
              do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DWags
                Ireland
                Quotes
                Push Away
                Wondrous Miracle
                I Don't Know
                It's Not Worth it
                Timpani (mentioned in Dino's blog as one they have been practicing)
                Bloodstains (played on the radio interview)
                Light Switch (mentioned in a posting)
                Kitty (being played a lot at the concerts)
                Waterborne (they keep working on it at the shows)
                The Warbler (if they want to officially release it)
                Also mentioned but not played:
                2001
                Hurricane Felix
                Fleeing to Mexico
                Pieces of Gold
                Long Days and Vague Clues
                Fucking Smile Pt. 2

                Comment


                • Yo TheRuleofThree, that video is f'n sick!  i hope they have more of those instrumentals on the new lp!! i like that style, its much more fresher!!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by saltinut15
                    Yo TheRuleofThree, that video is f'n sick!  i hope they have more of those instrumentals on the new lp!! i like that style, its much more fresher!!
                    Definitely man, it's unlike anything they've done.  Go to the Phoenix tour thread in the tour section, someone else posted a much better quality video of the same jam.
                    Originally posted by Gnomad
                    I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

                    Super God.
                    Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                    do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

                    Comment


                    • WOW!! What a guitar! I can't wait to hear a better version of this!
                      Thanks for sharing!
                      Many friends yet still a loner...

                      Comment


                      • Re: 4th LP

                        What the fuck was up with this thread?

                        Comment


                        • Re: 4th LP

                          OMG, DID IT [email protected]£$^*
                          (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X