Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

My dredg Inspirationals...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dredg Inspirationals...

Since we decided to have original dredg-inspired musical pieces exculded from the upcoming contest, I thought:

"well, lets still hear what these people have to offer"

So, if you have an original piece that was inspired by dredg's work, and you want to share it with the rest of the community, drop it here!

re: My dredg Inspirationals...

I've got one... I can't say what specifically inspired this song, but I was definitely on a huge dredg kick when I wrote it... let me know what you think.

All the drums are fake, but I still think it sounds neat.

Click here, and check out the song "Tell Me I'm Worth It"
    http://www.lowercasenoises.com

Comment

some of our older songs are more dredg influenced, but you can still hear some dredg influence in our newer material.

emma's mine's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.
      www.facebook.com/bowinero

Comment

Re: re: My dredg Inspirationals...

i recorded this in the quickest and cheapest way possible just because it's the only way i can right now. this was definitely inspired by the waterborne score. it sounds a lot nicer live, but you get the idea from this.

Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

Added after 11 minutes:

Originally posted by abs9966
        some of our older songs are more dredg influenced, but you can still hear some dredg influence in our newer material.

www.myspace.com/emmasmine
        that is some beautiful music.
        Originally posted by vsd
        ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

this song was recorded with my last band right as we were breaking up in the studio and we used it to finish off the album which we broke up during the recording of.

enjoy.

The Cheshire Smile - The Mordent.
          Hightail Spaces lets you send unlimited files, of any size, to anyone. Collaborate with your team and evolve your work.

and youll probably notice some Dredg influence.
          I play the drums and wrote the main guitar part on a piano.

Comment

Yeah, I can definitley see the influence in yours tillybot. You all shouldn't have broken up cause that was awesome

Comment

thank you.

Comment

you are all fucking awesome. thank you for sharing.
                Originally posted by kata rokkar
                Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

/\
                  |
                  |
                  |
                  |
                  |
                  |
                  Ditto, all these are awesome!

Comment

:x
                    BULLSHIT!

That's what everyone said last year and look what happened!

BE MORE HONEST!

Comment

Re: re: My dredg Inspirationals...

Originally posted by Ooga
                      BE MORE HONEST!

Well then, what do YOU think?

Comment

I'll be honest. Haven't listened to them. Will eventually. In the meantime, creating music is always a good thing, whether I like it or not, keep doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by tillybot
                          this song was recorded with my last band right as we were breaking up in the studio and we used it to finish off the album which we broke up during the recording of.

enjoy.

The Cheshire Smile - The Mordent.

and youll probably notice some Dredg influence.
                          I play the drums and wrote the main guitar part on a piano.
                          heres the original version of it... it ended the EP before this album.
                          and it was inspired by The Ornament... which is why youll hear the end of a song at the begining of the track. its cause i had to clip it off cause its part of the same track.

The Cheshie Smile - Tunnels

Comment

Originally posted by abs9966
                            www.myspace.com/emmasmine
                            abs... I really like this stuff. I listened to the first two tracks and I liked them a lot. I love delay so much...

Originally posted by Frank Nit
                            this was definitely inspired by the waterborne score. it sounds a lot nicer live, but you get the idea from this.
                            Frank, have you seen the movie Crash? Your song reminded of me of the soundtrack from that movie... and I liked it a lot.

Originally posted by tillybot
                            I like this a lot too... I agree, it's too bad you guys broke up.

I also neglected to mention another song of mine... it was completely inspired by the Ornament, and I had fun using a ton of delay on it... I'd love to hear what you guys think of it. It's the first song on my band's page:
                            Two Minute Half Jackets (RIP)'s profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

It's called "The Starry Letdown".

Thanks for posting all this stuff guys, it's cool to hear.

Comment

you know, now that you mention it tubescreamer, i think i did watch crash for the first time maybe a month or so before i wrote that song. i remember liking the score, but not remembering it much after the movie. then, just recently, i heard that the composer of that score (mark isham, who has done a million scores) is also doing the music for edward norton's next project called pride and glory. the reason this sparked my interest is because sage francis will be joining him to be the voice of norton's character in the score. sounded unique to me so i wanted to hear what else isham had done. as i am listening to the crash score now i can hear some similar sounds to my song. it's quite possible that i was subconsciously influenced by the movie while writing it. thanks for bringing that to my attention.

and the starry letdown is awesome. sounds like you guys are a pretty good live band. i can't wait to hear what you guys are getting done in the studio.

and i would also like to say this is an awesome topic. everything i've heard so far i have enjoyed. and i'm not just trying to be nice. i haven't listened to it all yet, so if i haven't commented on your stuff it's because i've been to lazy to listen yet, but i will. i didn't know some of you even made music, and i'm sure you didn't know i did either. it's nice to know dredg is influencing some very talented young artists.
                              Originally posted by vsd
                              ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Working...
                              X