Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

When is a song good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a song good?

... when your`re lying on your bed, listening to a song and you`re turning louder and louder... and you want to open the doors and windows to make the whole word hear this sweet and tender music..

Sanzen is a good pretty song
    And I am carrying baggage containing years of the memories of the people who slowly disappeared

When it sounds good

Comment

Did you really just listen to Sanzen five times in a row? :?
      - -- --- ----

Comment

re: When is a song good?

dude sanzen is a pretty fucking good song

any dredg song is worth listening to 5 times in a row.

Comment

I agree with you, Cyrinic
          But I actually didn`t listen to it 5 times in a row.. only 2 and a half times.
          I started to play it in winamp, then decided to listen to the cd because of the better sound. Obviously winamp was set on "repeat track" and I forgot to stop it.
          But I`ll catch up on doing it later
          And I am carrying baggage containing years of the memories of the people who slowly disappeared

Comment

sanzen is one of my faves . . . got a lyric from it on my back!
            Originally posted by kata rokkar
            Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Uuuuuuuuuh, show me your back, please! 8)

Comment

Sanzen is the song I send people when I want to show them that Dredg is doing stuff that is completely original

Comment

Re: re: When is a song good?

Originally posted by cyrinic
                  dude sanzen is a pretty fucking good song

any dredg song is worth listening to 5 times in a row.
                  haha, I agree Sanzen is awesome. But personally listenening to a song more than two times in a row to me is nuts. But to each his own.
                  - -- --- ----

Comment

Originally posted by matroshka
                    Uuuuuuuuuh, show me your back, please! 8)
                    for some reason i haven't had any pics taken yet . . . someday!
                    Originally posted by kata rokkar
                    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

i do this with the canyon behind her. i just keep turning it up louder and louder then i sit back and enjoy the vocal ending. mmmm.

Comment

re: When is a song good?

when is a song good?

hmm...different for everyone but for me i like songs that spill emotion. not emo junk i mean real emotion. songs that are so complex that they are simple, they are thick and they sound like a large place. they take you somewhere else mentall and physically and allow you to escape and connect with something you havent connected before, these are the songs that "impact" us. lyrics that are concious and make you go back and listen to its subtext. songs that have a superobjective and underneath it a different objective, you can tell when an artist has truly realesed what is inside them, theyve released it so much that even for them its "scary". so basically im referring to .01% of whats out there today.

Comment

Re: re: When is a song good?

Originally posted by tabriz424
                          songs that are so complex that they are simple
                          I like the way you worded that one. Just how I describe dredg for some songs, or the exact opposite for others. songs that are so simple that they seem complex.
                          His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

OMG... how the roughness of Mark`s guitar fights against the sweetness of Gavin`s voice....

Sorry for being a bit pathetic now, but I had to let it out.. :?
                            Sanzen is a bloody fucking good song...

Related 2 the "drug"-threat: I think, it`s pot. :mrgreen:

Comment

Working...
                            X