Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Rotkäppchen — It's The Sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotkäppchen — It's The Sound

http://youtu.be/SEnfQA1a8Qc?hd=1

A semi-trippy video I made for my friend's band, Rotkäppchen. Quite an intensive project, and was great to go back to some core, traditional animation roots. Hope you like it
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Re: Rotkäppchen — It's The Sound

As I watched that I kept seeing awesome things that I wanted to point out but there were so many! The poor wormy! And the dancing dinosaurs are so cute and omg how so you think of this and omg it makes me want to explode! I am jealous of your creativity, but I can't help but be a fan!
    just sayin'...

Comment

Yay! Glad you like it
      (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Can I have your babies and, if so, do you promise they will make cool things too????

More people need to respond to this thread. I love the feel of the video... it has a very scrapped feel, like rough little doodles but the proportions and composition are so different and interesting and yet it is done in a way that is consistent and balanced as a whole. Each of the elements of the video complements the rest to just like meld together into this quirky yet thorough little piece. And all of the ideas for the characters and happenings and the way it transitions... its obviously well - evolved into the vibes of the final product. I really feel like the music and the video are melded into one piece.

Sorry, i dont know much terminology, just trying to explain why i like it so much. To some people my excitement over it might seem silly but i fucking love it at its core. And the cool thing is the core is very accessible because its not layered with distracting attempts at fanciness.

Anyway.

Neat.
        Last edited by Penguin88; June 2, 2011, 06:55 AM.
        just sayin'...

Comment

I didn't respond because it's the first thing from cribs that I didn't really like. But this is the ONLY thing you've done that I don't like. I love EVERYTHING else from you, cribs, so keep up the amazing work!

Comment

I don't like you too, Gnomad… Not really, you're lovely. But, heck, thanks for the opinion. I think this one's been a bit up and down in the opinionometer either because they don't like the song or thought I didn't do enough… I think I did the best I could possible with the little budget they had, but I know this isn't my best work and that I could have done it better. Onto the next thing, I guess (doing my first evah actual, on-set video shoot on the 17th… With a £300 budget! WOOOOOOOOoooooo—*cries*)
            (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Hey. Youre so good at making shit interesting and awesome. I am really boring. Can i send a video of me doing boring things, like maybe counting things, and you can make me seem interesting and awesome? Like maybe put dancing dinosaurs in my ear canals?
              just sayin'...

Comment

Sure, bung it over to [email protected]
                (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Hahaha!!! Are you serious?? I was being silly but if you'd actually want to see what you can make with it it could be fun.
                  just sayin'...

Comment

cribble played with some pictures some of the members gave him years ago. I still have the one he did for me, I love it. He's fucking cool like that.

Comment

It's my twitter avatar and was my facebook picture for a long time.
                      ---
                      Didn't care for the music, but I enjoyed the video.
                      Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                      Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Penguin88 View Post
                        Hahaha!!! Are you serious?? I was being silly but if you'd actually want to see what you can make with it it could be fun.
                        About as serious as Kurt Russell's face, now get babbling and pop it over!
                        (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Comment

Well, I am actually staying with my parents for now and confined to my bed and to crutches with no makeup here, so it'd be best if I waited at least until Monday or so when I am back in my apartment and have more access to my things. Plus I'll have access to my webcam there, I'm assuming it takes better video than my phone. I'll just kind of take brief videos of different things and me doing stupid shit around the apartment and send the clips together and you can make them fun. Is it okay if I don't talk?
                          just sayin'...

Comment

Working...
                          X