Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

POS drawing inspired by El Cielo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POS drawing inspired by El Cielo

everyone is so talented on this website, so weird that such a small community ( in respect to, other popular bands ) the quality of talent is so high

its like every dredg fan is a virtuoso, whether in writing, music, art etc...

coincidence? i think not...

anyways this is a lil POS i drew and is being published in The Ampersand (<-- I'm required to state that) its a school art journal that flattered me with a spot in their current release, so yeah thats cool

but here goes... if you scroll down i've attached the images

oh yeah and it was signed by the band

Its titled "Fabric" and basically everynight for 7 days straight I would listen to El Cielo from start to finish and work on the drawing. In the end, this is what I came up with. Since El Cielo has so many connections to sleep, paralysis, unconciousness, I had to tie those elements in.

I drew what I felt were the 5 elements of life.

The first being Birth. Being born into a world that was not chosen by you. Involuntarily brought into a realm that demands adaptation. This is illustrated by the fetus laying in the sea of eggs, and is waiting to be "plugged in". The sleeping phase.

The second cycle was Growth. I represented growth with a tree because, it resembles the roots a person developes by adhering to rituals and customs. It signifies the classification process where one is identified as being part of the rest, aka falling in line.

The third element is displayed through the individual and the dredg/chinese symbol for change. This is self explanatory since the individual is coming out of his shell, therefore changing, or dropping his previous assumptions about the way things are and should be, he sees life for what it is, in essence has awoken from the dream.

The Fourth cycle is the inevitability of death. No explanation there. The Second Sleep phase. Prolonged unconsiousness, REM?

The fifth element is Rebirth. Awakening into a new world and a new life, yet you retain something from your past life: your spirit. Nothing is quite the same, yet nothing is completely different. For me this personally means being reborn into the presence of God, as derrived from Christian tradition. I tried to illustrate this through the negative space of the dredg/chinese symbol change.

Towards the bottom you'll notice the word Fabric spelled upside down, this is in hopes to motivate the viewer to turn the picture upside down. When doing so the image resembles a tree with no soil or earth to plant its roots. To me it is Fabric, the giving and taking of life, the yin and the yang, and if you permit me; even the dredg "devangel" image applies. It is Life (lol so cliche).

Finally as an added bonus, I tried to make the image simple enough so that it would allow me to satisfy my second goal, which was to somehow incorporate the name dredg into the artwork. As you'll see in the second attachment i didnt do that great of a job but you could still make the letters out.

the other doodle, is a rough draft of "the Harvest" i'm gonna make it a lot bigger and in color. I tried to make the hand look like a rose, where the fingers are the rose pedals. I'm still working on it

thanks for looking and please continue to post some of your work, u guys always come up with crazy stuff
    The Only thing surrounding you now,
    are the circular memories...

Interesting Statistic #43
    Average life expectancy of an enemy soldier in a Chuck Norris film: 4 seconds

Hey, that's some great work! Nice job, keep it up. I'd love to see more when you make it.
    If there was no consequence, I could answer all the questions of the world.

Comment

thanks, right now i'm workin on a Its not that simple adaptation it will be in cover

and i'm also going to convert the above drawing to color
      The Only thing surrounding you now,
      are the circular memories...

Interesting Statistic #43
      Average life expectancy of an enemy soldier in a Chuck Norris film: 4 seconds

Comment

Nice. Post em when you're done.
        If there was no consequence, I could answer all the questions of the world.

Comment

re: POS drawing inspired by El Cielo

nice picture keep up the work

Comment

Chill Chill....

I think that dredg's artwork is unique and so is yours

Comment

"POS drawing inspired by El Cielo"

You remind me of the kid who stands in front of the class during presentations and starts out by saying "Well my project isn't that good"

then it turns out to be the best one. You bastard.

Really sweet shit though. I enjoy it alot.
              His names BentTwig... He's not right... in the head.

<-----that's me and the fam

Comment

Hehe POS drawing ws done by ryahalk or soething...

Comment

hey, nice work! thanks for posting it. i also like the meaning behind it, its interesting to compare your thoughts with the drawing.
                  i was looking down at you smiling up at me....

Comment

Working...
                  X