Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Song I recently recorded....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song I recently recorded....

hello i haven't posted on here in a while (not since the days of desperately searching for demos or leaks of cw/oa) anyway, i recently recorded a song i feel pretty good about. you might like it if you're into dredg or muse maybe.... http://download.yousendit.com/BC93BA583777F8BC

i've also got it on my myspace page along with some other less-fortunates... www.myspace.com/warofsound

interested in what anyone thinks, hopefully with the understanding that i'm basically messing around in pro-tools with no real knowledge oh and all the drums are fake and poorly done....
    Christ as fast

Well you may just be screwing around with high end equipment but it sounds great.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
    Originally posted by noclevername
    stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

song

hey thanks i didn't think anyone was going to reply...
      Christ as fast

Comment

People don't reply to often in this forum.
        Originally posted by Gnomad
        Semen and anger... definitely dredg fans.
        Originally posted by noclevername
        stretch marks are a big ol cosmic thumbs up.

Comment

Comment

i realize now that people don't check this forum much, but i didn't wanna get flack for posting in the "wrong forum". anyway im working on reworking this one anyway so maybe i'll post it up in a more finalized version at some point, which might be a little more interesting possibly.

ps if anyone in florida wants to try to play this stuff out, im dying to get a band type thing going....florida is kinda on the shitty side for bands/musicians and the availabilty of good ones.
            Christ as fast

Comment

Post it in the non-dredg talk; people visit there. And I'd listen if I had a faster internet.... maybe after I get DSL i'll come back.
              Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
              Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

other forum

i posted the newer reworked version in the non dredg forum and its also on my myspace page....it's got a new part in 9/4 time thats kinda neat.
                Christ as fast

Comment

Hey man, I really like the feel of In The Stratus a lot. Very cool. I also really liked Old Ocean's Grey too. Have you ever tried laying any vocals or melodies over any of your tracks? If you're not a good singer, which I have problems with also, I'd recommend just using a keyboard or synthesizer to create what you think the vocals should sound like...

...You're quality of the recordings are great too. Well, I guess they should be if you're using pro-tools...  :lol:

...hey, and feel free to check out some stuff that I've recorded. http://www.myspace.com/circadia . Ocean Life is my favorite of the demos...
                  Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                  I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

hey i'm glad you like the stuff. in the stratus was supposed to be like an "easier" song that i could play with my friend who's really into mew but i ended up making that ridiculous ending all glam sounding. actually i am planning on using some keyboards soon but not necessarily for vocals as ive been told a lot of my stuff is not vocal-friendly. i'm in the process of reworking ocean's grey (and others) for an actual semi-professional recording in the next few months. might be easier to find interested musicians if it didn't sound as it does. i liked your stuff. i've got an acoustic song up at myspace.com/timeasachorus which is pretty much a "doomed to never see the light of day" project. anyway thanks for the input...
                    Christ as fast

Comment

Working...
                    X