Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg art. literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dredg art. literally.

here is my expressing of my dredg related artistic..ness...

grey ceramic, with colored clay as the beads.. and "woven" together with black and regular hemp.

most of you have already seen this, but whatev.

basically cut a canvas board into the hexagon shape, then took personal concert pictures and gesso'ed them to it, while dipping the outside of the symbol (cut out of white construction paper) into a tub that had this blue stuff and oil paint mixed into it to make the marble look, then the inner part of the symbol are printed out lyrics from numerous songs, some lyrics are bigger and in different colors so they stand out more.

styrofoam board with acrylic paints. glued stuff to it to make it 3D (i.e. crumpled up paper for the leaves on the upper left, glass shards for the blue background, green string as the praying mantis body.. etc.). Jamais Vu

ceramic mosaic. Carved the symbol from grey clay, found broken ceramic pieces around and placed them around the symbol, while (if you look closely) you can find smaller dredg symbols purposely made and places around the big symbol. There's a penguin, a tooth, a bird, a box, and a fish. Used regular white grout and then took a very small paintbrush and used red acrylic to paint it all red.. took hella long time.

3D clay slab construction of penguin.. hard to tell but the glazing was done with very small dots.. so from far away it looks colored and up close you can see all the little dots. oh and my oblivious cat who sometimes stares at and attacks air..?

one of my personal favs. Personally made the canvas.. cut my own wood, stretched muslin and stapled.. then used primer to make it white.. used Oil paints.. Tankbark Is Hot Lava.

a friend saw the tankbark is hot lava painting i did, liked the skull, asked me to do it in green. This is also Oil.

dredg makes me think of buddha sometimes.

there's one more painting, a watercolor but its not with me right now, so i'll have to get back to you on that one.

and here's another music-related ceramic piece just because i think some of you might appreciate it:

sorry for the crapass quality of the pics. ohhh weelll
    this is your life and its ending one minute at a time.

http://www.myspace.com/lindseykay07

Wow, good work.

Do you ever create your own work? I'd like to see some if you do...
    Originally posted by Ars Sycro
    I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by One Second Clubber
      Wow, good work.

Do you ever create your own work? I'd like to see some if you do...
      Originally posted by vsd
      ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

yeah, i do my own work, this was just some dredg stuff.

i'll take some more pictures of personal art this week.  

Comment

wow, all of that is so cool

Comment

I've made a cake that color green before (it was an edible model of a cell with different candies on top to represent different parts), but it still looks disgusting.

Otherwise, awesome work. But I am going to move this to Express Yourself, since that board was developed for this purpose. I'll leave a link through though.
            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

some nice works you have there. i liek the skull in the "tanbark is hot lava" painting. a little more shading on the parts around the eyes and such would have made it even better. really good otherwise. im workong on a piece in photoshop right now that i'll be posting soon on Shadowness, as well as here.
              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Um. I don't see ANY pictures. What the fuck are all of you talking about?

Comment

they're talking about the pictures you apparently can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by zah
                    Um. I don't see ANY pictures. What the fuck are all of you talking about?
                    i'm not drunk, you're the drunk one!
                    Originally posted by kata rokkar
                    Supterfuckingultrawesomecoreasaurus

Comment

Aw, no, you di'int!

Really, though - I see no pictures.

Comment

wow, awesome stuff.  They look great!  Good work =)

Comment

hey guys. i just finished a painting and currently in the process of finishing a second one.. and will be starting a 3rd one sometime next week..
                          i also have some old stuff that im gonna take pictures.. these are original, self inspired, artwork of mine.. so you can see a little more of what i am about. i'll take pictures this weekend and have them up by sunday *hopefully*

Comment

restraining order........jk
                            play ketchup

Comment

i'm doing a picture in school that's gonna be sorta dredg related. im using the symbol off of CWA, but nothing else. people that use liek everything from a band bug me. like the slipknot fans taht do that. and the HIM kids. alskjdkaljsdksaj
                              Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

Working...
                              X