Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

Please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please....

Could the mods please start doing their job?

I don't care if anyone thinks I'm a snob for posting this, but the stupid shit posted on this board is getting to be rather extreme. Whether it's the battle of the arguments, the battle of the bands, the leaks (yeah, the first joke was enough).... it's to the point of absurdity. The moderators on this board could never run a company. The moderators on this board are good with words but their comprehension of judgment seems to be a little off. Maybe their parents did a lotta crack, I don't know. Either way, this board really isn't fun at all now.

You have assholes like Sins, Knife, Frank, etc. who think they deserve something for posting (clearly demonstrated by the responses they have given to people they dislike), then you have the smartasses who think they're clever.... ahh, fuck it. Everyone on this board is holier-than-thou, am I right? Yeah, I am. That means you're in denial. Laugh at Ooga because he's just trying to get attention, or complain about Zen because he's being a deliberate asshole. WAHHHHHHH! Did I get here too late for the pacifiers? I thought my flyer would get me a free pacifier. FUCK THIS! AGH! Computer nerds, jazz nerds, folk nerds, indie douches, metalheads, etc. should not be coming here just to boost their egos. This used to be a pretty cool place to post, but seeing how many people have stopped (excluding the estimated 10 regulars), it sure seems like something's not right.

So you want to help dredg?

Stop letting stupid shit flood this board.

It's clearly the official board, so use your head.

Re: Please....

What you just said, and what Erik posted about, is exactly why i dont even bother to post on here that often. I come on, yeah, but i just scan and then leave because it's like talking to a wall or window lickers sometimes. Not everyone. Just certain people. And i'm not going to call them out because there's no reason to. People are just antsy douches at the least lately.
    Antsy i can understand. But being so douchey, come on now. grow up.
    Facebookem, Danno | Twitter me this...

Comment

i like zenjiro

Comment

A) Arguments occur everywhere. Without arguments, life would be pretty boring.
        B) Battle of the bands?
        C) There have been a grand total of 2 fake leaks. The second was closed as soon as we saw it and later deleted. Do you want me to try and set something up that catches when people post fake leaks?
        D) We close threads and delete posts and so forth when we see a need to. Are we going to please everybody? No. When thinks get out of hand, we take care of them. But this is meant to be an open place for people to discuss dredg and really whatever they want to.
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

BLOG
          DEPTHS
          RABBIT HOLE

Comment

You know what? I'd love to, Ooga, but then there wouldn't be a board.

The truth is that there is an endless amount of stupid shit that goes on here, but we can't make people post only meaningful information. It's just not going to happen, and who are we to determine what is meaningful and what isn't?

How many times have you posted ridiculous shit? Seriously, I really enjoy you and your presence on this board, but do you even recall your own post history?

The same thing goes with Erik, who I consider a great friend anyway. I love the guy, but I find it ironic that he would complain about the tone of the board when I received the most complaints about HIS posts above anyone else's. And now you're complaining, after years of your own drunken posts on here every now and then - all of which I enjoyed, I might add, because of the context in which they were posted.

But we've also had other discussions about a lot of things from religion to politics to other music, parenting, you name it.

If you don't like the tone of the board, do your part in changing the tone yourself by starting a new discussion.

But I'm not going to start telling people how to post. Stupidity may be aggravating, but it's still allowed.

TheRuleofThree added 10 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Just as an example...

What does the rabid squirrel in your signature contribute to this board, really? Isn't that arguably "stupid shit?"
            Originally posted by Gnomad
            I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
            Originally posted by auto-de-fe
            do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree View Post
              You know what? I'd love to, Ooga, but then there wouldn't be a board.

The truth is that there is an endless amount of stupid shit that goes on here, but we can't make people post only meaningful information. It's just not going to happen, and who are we to determine what is meaningful and what isn't?

How many times have you posted ridiculous shit? Seriously, I really enjoy you and your presence on this board, but do you even recall your own post history?

The same thing goes with Erik, who I consider a great friend anyway. I love the guy, but I find it ironic that he would complain about the tone of the board when I received the most complaints about HIS posts above anyone else's. And now you're complaining, after years of your own drunken posts on here every now and then - all of which I enjoyed, I might add, because of the context in which they were posted.

But we've also had other discussions about a lot of things from religion to politics to other music, parenting, you name it.

If you don't like the tone of the board, do your part in changing the tone yourself by starting a new discussion.

But I'm not going to start telling people how to post. Stupidity may be aggravating, but it's still allowed.
              why are you a mod then?

The reason people act stupid on this board is because of your interpretation of events.

Mods are supposed to mold the board back into shape.

Mods are supposed to help a board retain its shape.

What I see is, you're all biased elitists.

That is my final conclusion.

Ooga added 1 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Just as an example...

What does the rabid squirrel in your signature contribute to this board, really? Isn't that arguably "stupid shit?"
              Nice try, but that's clearly not what I'm talking about.

I was referring to threads and attitudes, etc.

You knew that, but you thought it'd be cute to post your response anyway.

Stupid.

Comment

is this thread about zenjiro or what?

Comment

it took you 2,376 posts to realize that? who cares? it's a message board dude... you shouldn't take it so seriously.
                  Originally posted by FeebleFables
                  There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

Originally posted by embrace View Post
                    it took you 2,376 posts to realize that? who cares? it's a message board dude... you shouldn't take it so seriously.
                    Yeah, fuck me...

I forgot:

THIS IS THE INTERNET

This is the place where human minds don't function the way they do outside of the INTERNET.

I'm sorry.

What was I thinking?

We're all robots when we're typing and posting.

Gee whiz....

I like the logic.

Comment

Biased elitist?

I make sure that spam doesn't flood the board, that people who harass other users are controlled or banned, and that's about it. There is nothing special about being a moderator on this board because it's a MESSAGE BOARD. It's digital janitor duty, that's all.

I'd love to say I'm a model community member, but who am I to determine that? You want me to "mold the board back into shape?" I can't tell people to post smart discussions, or logical conclusions, any more than I can force them to stop being so serious. I think there's a lot more to dredg than rabid squirrels, but am I going to ask you what that has to do with dredg? Of course not. It's your online identity, and until you interfere with someone else being able to post on here, I don't have the right to "mold" you in any way.

Sorry, Ooga, but you've picked the wrong target. Direct your ire at the rest of the community and ask for a more intelligent level of discussion. It sounds like a lot of people are feeling this and not saying it - why doesn't everyone just do it already?

TheRuleofThree added 2 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Originally posted by Ooga View Post

Nice try, but that's clearly not what I'm talking about.

I was referring to threads and attitudes, etc.

You knew that, but you thought it'd be cute to post your response anyway.

Stupid.
                      Just because you're not talking about it doesn't mean it's not distracting, or doesn't look ridiculous.

There is no button on here for controlling attitudes. I can delete threads and edit them. Would you have me erase your drunk posts from the past on principle?

I'm not being cute, I'm being serious. You're holding us accountable for something that we have no control over. Seriously, attitudes?
                      Originally posted by Gnomad
                      I think we're forgetting one huge factor in all of this.

Super God.
                      Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                      do you think we can get a sticky for this thread so that i can constantly be reminded how much of a dick theruleofthree is?

Comment

Originally posted by embrace View Post
                        who cares? it's a message board dude... you shouldn't take it so seriously.
                        This was my exact thoughts exactly, exactly.
                        BLOG
                        DEPTHS
                        RABBIT HOLE

Comment

Biased elitist?

I make sure that spam doesn't flood the board, that people who harass other users are controlled or banned, and that's about it. There is nothing special about being a moderator on this board because it's a MESSAGE BOARD. It's digital janitor duty, that's all.
                          How many people have you banned?

Can you look that info. up and take a screenshot?

I'm curious...

Because I can't remember anyone at the moment.

NOTE: I could be wrong.

I'd love to say I'm a model community member, but who am I to determine that? You want me to "mold the board back into shape?" I can't tell people to post smart discussions, or logical conclusions, any more than I can force them to stop being so serious. I think there's a lot more to dredg than rabid squirrels, but am I going to ask you what that has to do with dredg? Of course not. It's your online identity, and until you interfere with someone else being able to post on here, I don't have the right to "mold" you in any way.
                          Typical post from a Traversing regular.

Assuming the responder doesn't catch on.

Next...

Sorry, Ooga, but you've picked the wrong target. Direct your ire at the rest of the community and ask for a more intelligent level of discussion. It sounds like a lot of people are feeling this and not saying it - why doesn't everyone just do it already?
                          How would that be possible, wise guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ooga View Post
                            Yeah, fuck me...

I forgot:

THIS IS THE INTERNET

This is the place where human minds don't function the way they do outside of the INTERNET.

I'm sorry.

What was I thinking?

We're all robots when we're typing and posting.

Gee whiz....

I like the logic.
                            so you think mods should delete posts that hurt your feelings?

or would it be more wise to deduce that you should thicken your skin a little bit?
                            Originally posted by FeebleFables
                            There's never enough epic in the music world.

Comment

Anyone that thinks opinions on the internet are any less worthy than those in person or "real life" are seriously mistaken and need to put the joint down and think. YOU are what controls what you think. It doesn't matter if it's on here or not. Do you also try to suppress your responses to movies and books with that logic? Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                              X