Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

A Note Re: Leaks and Traversing

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Note Re: Leaks and Traversing

TheRuleofThree, for the second time today, my point exactly. I know that probably 100% of people here will download it without any harm to the band. But lots of people are just lazy and when they have a high quality leak, they won't bother to move and buy it.
    Totally agree about the preorder as well, I hope they will do it in the next few weeks like they did with Fillmore CD (and even sent a signed poster!). That really will get the most of the excitement!
    To be able to download it AFTER it is already officially out, I don't really bother with that, because it's almost the same to download it or buy it (I don't think $12-15 are really big deal). But with a leak, it's different and you said what I feel about that.
    Many friends yet still a loner...

Comment

Originally posted by Gnomad View Post
      Why buy it if I can get it for free?
      This is the correct logic. The only albums I buy now, are ones that are out of print...or ones that are poorly ripped/encoded. Then when I obtain them I put them on the internet. While we still have a choice between a physical copy of an album, and a digital copy..the only one you should be paying for is the physical. All of you on this board love dredg enough to go beyond just listening to them. You attend their shows, you buy their shirts...and you post/read about them here. The majority of dredg fans have not bought their cd's. They have downloaded it, illegally.
      This is a record I think all of you will be satisfied with. Go buy the cd. Any of those fans that were "pushed away" from the content of CWA, welcome back.
      I did not get to listen to this record from any sort of leak. I don't know when it will leak or how. But, I can assure you....however long you have to wait to hear it...it will certainly be worth the time. A punch to the solar plexus.
      OutlierAudio

Comment

What makes you think that the majority of dredg's fans don't own their CDs?
        Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
        Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
          What makes you think that the majority of dredg's fans don't own their CDs?
          Because they don't. There are more people who obtained their records by downloading them...instead of actual purchases. dredg has more fans than records sold...how is that possible? Do you think dredg has more than 100,000 fans? They haven't sold that many records combined. Internets...the internets. On another note.....dredg's biggest fanbase is not in the states..it's in Germany. They are more popular there than they have ever been here.
          OutlierAudio

Comment

look kids, it's your choice whether or not you wanna download the studio version of "i don't know"

it's out there.

i didn't post it, therefore it's not my problem.

i'm not sharing the link because i'm a giant asshole.

but it's out there.

Comment

apenguininthedesert,

i may be in the minority of those here, but i would like to hear a little bit about the record. not a play-by-play of what's on there, but things that jump out, if you feel like doing that. something to whet the appetite. hearing about instruments used, styles, etc. tends to keep me engaged and thinking about the album before it hits my ears.

so, impressions, i suppose, not spoilers. if you have the time.

glad you are enjoying it though. that in itself is a good start.
              words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Originally posted by erikpemberton View Post
                look kids, it's your choice whether or not you wanna download the studio version of "i don't know"

it's out there.

i didn't post it, therefore it's not my problem.

i'm not sharing the link because i'm a giant asshole.

but it's out there.
                It's not a studio version of I don't know. It's actually a demo version of a song that didn't make the record.

Here is the link:

OutlierAudio

Comment

Originally posted by apenguininthedesert View Post
                  It's not a studio version of I don't know. It's actually a demo version of a song that didn't make the record.

Here is the link:

http://multi-up.com/69794
                  says the guy who thinks i'm referring to that link.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinintheroom View Post
                    apenguininthedesert,

i may be in the minority of those here, but i would like to hear a little bit about the record. not a play-by-play of what's on there, but things that jump out, if you feel like doing that. something to whet the appetite. hearing about instruments used, styles, etc. tends to keep me engaged and thinking about the album before it hits my ears.

so, impressions, i suppose, not spoilers. if you have the time.

glad you are enjoying it though. that in itself is a good start.
                    The drums on the record sound incredible.

This is also "one" of the biggest surprises on the album for me.

apenguininthedesert added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

Originally posted by erikpemberton View Post
                    says the guy who thinks i'm referring to that link.
                    Oh..I'm sure there are other links...the "Studio" version of I Don't Know has been going around since early this afternoon.
                    Last edited by apenguininthedesert; March 20, 2009, 03:18 AM.
                    OutlierAudio

Comment

Someone just post the thing and stop being douchebags about it.

Sins Of Arcadia added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Actually, fuck it.. I just want the album. One song is a huge cock-tease.
                      http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by Sins Of Arcadia View Post
                        Someone just post the thing and stop being douchebags about it.

Sins Of Arcadia added 0 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Actually, fuck it.. I just want the album. One song is a huge cock-tease.
                        Aren't you the douchebag that said Oceansize ripped off dredg?
                        OutlierAudio

Comment

yeah, i don't know if i want to hear 'i don't know' on its own.

i want the first listen to be the whole thing.
                          words always ebbing, never flowing

Comment

Because they don't. There are more people who obtained their records by downloading them...instead of actual purchases. dredg has more fans than records sold...how is that possible? Do you think dredg has more than 100,000 fans? They haven't sold that many records combined. Internets...the internets. On another note.....dredg's biggest fanbase is not in the states..it's in Germany. They are more popular there than they have ever been here.
                            I don't know how many fans they have or whether these fans actually have listened to more than a few songs. 100,000? I doubt it's that high.

And more fans than CDs sold does not make a "majority"
                            Twitter | Facebook | Rate Your Music

Originally posted by TheRuleofThree
                            Very well - you caught me in a rare mistake. I commend you for achieving this elite honor.

Comment

Aren't you the douchebag that said Oceansize ripped off dredg?
                              Somewhat.

I was basically saying that they are uninteresting and vastly boring.
                              http://rateyourmusic.com/~SinsOfArcadia

Comment

Originally posted by Ars Sycro View Post
                                I don't know how many fans they have or whether these fans actually have listened to more than a few songs. 100,000? I doubt it's that high.

And more fans than CDs sold does not make a "majority"
                                It does when money is talking.

apenguininthedesert added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Originally posted by Sins Of Arcadia View Post
                                Somewhat.

I was basically saying that they are uninteresting and vastly boring.
                                I just don't see how that is even possible. dredg even has an Oceansize-like song on here....for the first time.
                                OutlierAudio

Comment

Working...
                                X