Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

dredg is back in the studio!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: dredg is back in the studio!!!

I’m still quite hopeful. I mean I really doubt they’ll have a new album done and released this year at this point. But I don’t think the band is in any rush. Personally I imagine they wanna take their time to release some new art, especially after the backlash over Chuckles and Mr. Squeezey. Would I like more updates, of course! But they’ve been away from the public eye fer so long now that I like to think they want their return to be “big,” even by dredg standards.
    Originally posted by Gnomad
    How many dredg fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

I'd be interested to know why Dredg took such a long break. Other bands don't do that and work day jobs. Putting out music and touring is how they earn a living. If I was in a band and making a decent living, the thought of working any other type of job would be horrible.

Comment

Kids can change your perspective with the quickness.
        I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
        I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
        A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
        To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

Somebody on Facebook asked Drew about the new dredg album and he replied: ‘Sometimes real life gets in the way’

Comment

I don't have the time it takes to recover from the day
            I sit and moan and mope and groan and never have my say
            A crown of thorns from which is born a little baby bird
            To fly away and have its day is nothing but absurd

Comment

I read some comment on dredg’s The Facebook page that Dino had to have knee surgery? Can anyone comment?

Seven. One to change it, five to complain that the old one was better, and one talk about Gavins weight.

Comment

^Gavin mentioned that on the last podcast he did a couple of months back.

Comment

Don’t know if it’s recent, but i checked the dredg website today and it no longer has the Chuckles layout. Hope its a sign of things to come!

Comment

I’d say it’s a sign that either a) things are still happenin’, or b) with the removal of last year's update on a new album, box set, yard sale, etc. it’s now all over and they really wanna just sell their tiny amount of leftover merch at discount prices.

So I’m only slightly concerned by it, but mostly hopeful.

Comment

I haven't looked at the merch page in a while. Did all those shirts have "Final Print" listed before, or...?
                      A vest has no sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Fawst View Post
                        I haven't looked at the merch page in a while. Did all those shirts have "Final Print" listed before, or...?
                        They’ve had that Final Print sign since the Chuckles tour.

Visions Magazine has a new interview with Drew, but it’s on German. It is dredg related. You can see the write up on Drew’s IG story.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. I couldn't find the digital copy of it to translate. Though I did find this from a few days ago...

Preview: 66 albums we're looking forward to in 2020

37. Dredg: Actually, Dredg had already created clear conditions: After the band had been idle for a long time, they were already working on a new album in early 2018, as they also made publicly clear afterwards. At the end of the year, the band even leaned so far out of the window that the new record would appear alongside other activities in 2019. It is not known whether Dredg have been successful in the studio in the meantime, despite the band's comments.
                          So, nothing new. Though the anticipation is still alive. At least in Germany.
                          Originally posted by Ars Sycro
                          I have a type. I like hot bitches.

Comment

1 of the FB groups had it roughly translated:

"It's not so easy with us. Basically I have good news: We have written about 20 new songs and have been rehearsing for over a year. We have over 100 hours of unpublished music, all still in demo form, but we have already talked to producers and studios to make it more concrete. " The problem is and remains: life. Private matters that do not allow any discussion, and those are currently chasing a stick into the spokes of a wheel that is currently running smoothly again. "We just can't go on at the moment, we have to be patient," says Roulette. "But the good thing is: we're burning! A new Dredg record, a new tour, all of this will come as soon as possible. The waiting is almost killing us internally. But isn't that also nice? We exactly know again, what we want. It willi be a rock record, surely with a few synths, but essentially what we love about this band - what Dredg stands for. "
                            allmediareviewsblog

twitter

Comment

I can continue to be patient if that’s what it will take!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyte30351 View Post
                                I can continue to be patient if that’s what it will take!
                                This! I always jizz my pants when I see a new post has been made in this thread.
                                Blast off, it's party time!

Comment

Working...
                                X