Announcement

Collapse

Software Upgrade

I upgraded the software to ensure it works with PHP 8+ and save me a few bucks each month. If you encounter any issues, please email me.
See more
See less

What happened with the Treasure Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened with the Treasure Hunt?

I kinda stopped visiting the board for a while, and I missed the conclusion of the Treasure hunt!!! So what exactly was the treasure? who won? what happened? I had no idea what it was about by the clues... whoever found it out must be some kind of crazy geniuos.
    thanks

Its around the forum here somewhere, consider it another hunt and use the search bar.
    DeviantArt Facebook

Comment

re: What happened with the Treasure Hunt?

Originally posted by Lye In Your Eye
      you're pretty narcissistic
      enjoy that, nobody else does.
      Originally posted by Madklikor
      You call me ignorant? LOL...Stop judging right you or you're gonna find me

Comment

hi, i'm new here and i looked all over the forums, but i can't find a search function or any threads where people are told to search. could someone point me in the right direction?
        http://turntable.fm/traversing

BYOB

Comment

Since I enjoy bragging, I'll explain anyhow...

So, after all the clues on the internet were solved, we made our way to Mt. Madonna and found the treasure buried under a boulder and a bunch of rocks with symbols on them. It was a can with a congratulatory note and a rubik's cube. Once the cube was solved, we were on to the next clue.

Melvil Dewey = Library
          Plural Feline = Los Gatos
          Schneede **** = Book(the last four I never got)

So, we went to the library, found a book named Surrealism by a guy named Schneede. Drew had circled certain letters, so we had the next clue.

Sunny Cove
          Behind the End

Sunny Cove is a small beach in Santa Cruz littered with a few dead end streets leading to said beach. The street Sunny Cove Dr such a dead end sign with the next clue.

Follow Norton
          Past the dead of Madronia
          Where the Pepper "gave his life away".

Back in Los Gatos, there's a road that goes up a hill with a bunch of private residences. It's just past Madornia Cemetery. So following the road, you'll eventually come upon a trail. This part took us a while, but once we finished it, we felt kind of stupid. Anyway, we found a bridge ("Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers), and under said bridge was the last clue.

Ten steps east from the triangle of El Sereno.

El Sereno is a 6 mile hike. I was really not looking forward to this part, but thankfully, Drew didn't feel like going that far either. We found a site marker on the ground, a triangle. Ten steps east, we began digging (with our hands, cause none of us thought to bring a shovel) and we found another container with puzzle pieces. Once solved, it read:

Congratulations! Was it hard? You prize is a dredg song named after you! Call (***)***-**** and leave a message.

It was Drew's number, we called, talked to him for a little bit, and he let us know that each of us(EvilMonkey, RckNorCal, and myself) would recieve a painting and we would get to name a dredg song. Since then, EvilMonkey has gotten his painting and we're still working on a title. Hope that helps.

We never posted the media from the last part, did we? EvilMonkey will take care of that tonight. Sorry it was so late guys, we were busy with school and crap.

Comment

You guys are crazy. But good kinda crazy. Congratulations.
            The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

That's insane man. It's really cool of dredg too, I've never heard of anything like this by any other band. Well, do a good job in naming the songs, or its your a$$.
              good work

Comment

okay, i thought dredg was going to write a song about the treasure hunt or something. are you going to be able to hear the song before you name it?
                Originally posted by vsd
                ...and to be frank...i think...

Comment

Has evilmonkey posted a pic of his painting?
                  Ah man, I love dredg

Comment

Holy. Shit.

I can't believe you actually did all that. Really cool, though.

Comment

No, they're going to write the song based on the name. At least that's what Drew said.

Comment

So if you name the song "We Love Bannanas" they will write and play a song about their love of bannanas?
                        sigpic
                        We'll fuck standing and we'll fuck then lying, if they had wings we'll fuck them flying, when they are dead and long forgotten we'll dig them up and fuck them rotten.
                        Originally posted by auto-de-fe
                        happy birthday, you bastard of bastards.

Comment

Oh. Right. The treasure hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyGoodness
                            So if you name the song "We Love Bannanas" they will write and play a song about their love of bannanas?

haha that would be awesome...you guys should tell them that's what you want it to be called to see what they say

Comment

Originally posted by zah
                              Oh. Right. The treasure hunt.
                              You say that like it's a bad thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X